View Single Post
Old 02-26-20, 08:45 AM
OBoile

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked 325 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by RH Clark
I've been on a 2 year mission to learn what the healthiest diet for humans is. During that time I've lost 160 lbs. I think Keto can initially help people who are obese to drop weight initially but depending on exactly what a Keto diet means to you, may not be healthy long term. I now eat a whole foods plant based diet with small amounts of quality meat about 2-3 days a week.

I eat carbs but never processed sugar or junk food. For long bike rids I'll make what I jokingly call "biker balls". I toast whole oats with almonds and walnuts first, then mix in raisins and shaved unsweetened bakers chocolate and mashed up medjool dates. Sometimes I'll mash in a banana and some blueberries. I take that mixture and roll it onto bite sized balls to pack in a zip lock bag for my longer rides.

I mention my snacks because I see so many cyclists eating just pure junk food with the attitude that they need carbs and seemingly no clue as to the quality of the nutrients, or even poison in those carbs. Give your body good foods to build from and you will have a good body. Give your body crap to build from and you will eventually get sick no matter how active you are.
I thought your post was really good up until you said "poison". We don't need that kind of hyperbole.
Likes For OBoile: