Old 10-20-20, 02:02 PM
Tiestotti

Bikes: Mercier Kilo WT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by billridesbikes
I don’t own a Cross Check, but it would certainly make my short list for such a bike and be a solid choice, The bike that currently fills the fast touring niche in my “fleet” is a Orange-Velo Passhunter. For All City I think I would favor the Space Horse over the zigzag. Rivendell Roadini, as they sometimes go on sale, might fit the bill depending on how set you on having 650B vs 700C, not as good a tourer as the other choices being a lighter frame but fast and lively on the pavement and perhaps a better choice for 200-400km audax than the other guys. That said, it is always best to buy what is the best fit for you today, and worry about what you might do in the future later. Almost any bike is capable of a 200km audax.

None of these builds will be particularly light. 105 and other mid-range components would probably get you around 25-26lbs before adding fenders and racks.
That is good point just realized. I definitely would want my build to feel a bit faster, and maybe a bit lighter when unloaded and without bags and racks.