Old 11-10-20, 04:32 PM
Cyclist0100
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 72 Posts
Originally Posted by kingston
XT pedals cost $120, are designed for off-road, and weigh nearly a pound. What is it that he likes about them other than he probably has them in stock? I can think of a bunch of 2-bolt pedals I'd buy before those. I'm also skeptical of his claim that the MX241's are for wide feet and bunions. Give Lake a call and see what they say. I've heard they have great customer service.
Per your suggestion I called Lake. Their customer service desk was very easy to reach and their feedback was identical to that of my bike fitter. The MX241 is for people with very wide feet, foot deformations and/or bunions. Lake said if I have none of these issues the MX238 is the way to go.

As for the Shimano PD-M8120 pedals, I definitely see your point. They are 430g per pair vs Time Cyclo 6 @ 268g per pair. The Cyclo 10 pedals would bring that weight down to 256g. Nothing wrong with saving a few grams, and I do intend to ask my bike fitter about the Time Cyclo pedals. However, the weight of the Shimano pedals doesn't concern me (as I'm not racing).

Thanks for the feedback and the push-back. I greatly appreciate the assistance!