Old 05-18-19, 10:01 PM
Jax Rhapsody
Rhapsodic Laviathan

Bikes: Rideable; 83 Schwinn High Sierra. Two cruiser, bmx bike, one other mtb, three road frames, one citybike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 91 Posts
Originally Posted by mjac
One of the reasons why I am going back to Biopace is because everyone puts them down. I don't think people understand what they are used for. But I am telling you,when I got the high spots in the right place as compared to where they were before,it was worth at least one gear.Right now I have a 52T Biopace that I bought used and I think someone ran it with a stretched chain and wallowed out the valleys. Because the Points look pretty good. So every single time I go to accelerate at all it skips and the chain comes off. I stumbled across a company called BikeWagon that is closing out new Biopace Chain Rings and bought a Silver 48T for $18.99 if you know of anyone interested. Hopefully that should give me better access to 6th and 7th gear,a better climbing gear and better acceleration. That is the thinking anyway.

If I keep my cool and my chain I should be alright.I made a couple of Tactical Errors last time and the chain coming off exposed me.I thought about it and they should be only on a certain section of the Bike Path in the evening.So I won't ride that section in the evening until I get my Chain Ring Fixed and give things time to cool down. After that, if I see them again and they want to cause trouble they will be dead wrong and the first time was not inadvertent and I will deal with them by just ignoring them and accelerate out of trouble. Drive them nuts. If I get cornered, who knows.
I had one on my Schwinn High Sierra, felt like it slowed me down.