View Single Post
Old 09-16-19, 12:43 AM
ToniH. 

Bikes: 66' Rene Herse, 75' Alex Singer, 80' Routens Touring, custom Rivendell, Miyata 600GT

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by luker
lack of top tube guides say Ernesto...if it is an early 70's, he was still running the torch, and that makes this a real find.
Originally Posted by repechage
Colnago attributes are often... variable. Small frames often received shorter fork reinforcements with no cutouts.

My 1972 has no bottom bracket socket windows, holes in the fork reinforcements, no clover cutouts on the top tube lugs
My 1973, has bottom bracket windows, and clover fork reinforcement piercings. (bigger downtube typography too the balance of the graphics are similar)

In Southern California, we marked the end of the cutouts on the top tube as a 1971 last year thing. This was in 1973.
Hello,

I was wondering what do you mean with "bottom bracket socket windows"

I just started to restore a barn find Super that I found last summer from Italy. I have been wondering if my frame is something special or one of these bike boom ones that everyone seems to dislike. The time frame I have been able to pull from different sources varies from 72 to 74. I hope it could be from 72.

I will post pictures when I get enough posts but the details of the frame are following:

Small 49 frame in electric blue, I'm 99 percent sure that it is the original paint with original decals

Bottom bracket shell with club cutout
Yellow Club decal on head tube
No Fork tangs
Wreath seat tube decal with Worlds band at top and bottom
Club cutout in lower head lug only
Fork crown with clubs on top but no holes in each side
Cable guide braze-ons top of bottom bracket shell
Water bottle braze-ons on downtube

No Shifter braze-ons on down tube
No Top tube cable guide braze-ons

One detail that I don't see discussed here is that the Columbus tubing decal seems to be from 72. Not that it is a way to date the frame but its another clue.

So... is there a possibility that this could have been worked by Ernesto himself and what is general opinion on frames from these years? I'm debating on about should I keep or sell the bike when its finnished.

All the best,
Toni