justinzane

Bikes: Fuji Aloha, ...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Choosing between EU 47 and EU 48 Shoes?

NOTE: Question Answered, Shoes Ordered. Thanks @ThermionicScott

I live nowhere near a store with a reasonable inventory of bike shoes to try; so I generally must order online. I did, however, get the opportunity to try on a pair of Pearl Izumi 47s at a retailer in a city I was visiting. This was after about 20 miles ride and some walking, so my feet were partially expanded, though not what I'd experience on a long ride.

The 47s fit exactly -- that is, my feet fit in the shoe without painful pressure -- but there was no room left over at all. In an ideal world, a 47.5 would be perfect, giving the option of wearing heavier cold weather socks or allowing room for swelling at the end of a century. In the real world, I can get either EU 47 or EU 48 in the particular model I want.

Given the choice noted, what would the experienced among you recommend?

-----

Note: the model in question is the "All Road" for use on errands, sightseeing rides, etc. I ride road but need some walkables to use on the days when I'm not going from car/home to bike and back. The "All Road"s together with SPD cleats and pedals are affordable enough to justify their coexistance with Look or SPD-SL road shoes.

Last edited by justinzane; 05-13-15 at 09:39 AM.