ETN612

Bikes: Unknown PSX, Diamondback Trace Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Quinn8it
Ill extend that recommendation to any track-
throw a 17t on the other side of your flip/flop for warm-up and you wont need to change a ring or pull a cog for your first year...
I don't have a fixed/fixed hub that's something I might to change... but initially i'll probably just have use my street gear (46/15, 80.7") for warm up and switch the ring to a larger one after warm-up and carry around a separate chain to accommodate the bigger ring. Plus it may seem backwards but I absolutely hate the process of pulling cogs for some reason and would actually much rather pop the chain open with the masterlink, change a ring and put on the other chain than change a cog. Call me crazy but i'm weird like that. Maybe it was because my first fixed gear bike had a misaligned ****ty frame that made messing with the rear wheel in any way (which would obviously need to be done to change a cog) an absolutely JOYFUL experience... (sarcasm) and I haven't been able to shake that feeling of annoyance whenever I have to mess with my back wheel (other than just adjusting chain tension).