Old 04-02-18, 06:10 PM
DGlenday

Bikes: Cannondale, Trek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Maryland Endurance Challenge - Charity Event For Racers, Endurance Cyclists, And Fun-

I'm the event director for an ultra distance event here in Maryland, in which all net proceeds go to a charity that helps homeless schoolkids . Here's the charity's web site:
http://www.shipfrederick.com/

The event includes:

* * 3-hour challenge - i.e. how many miles can you ride in 3 hours
Mason Dixon 3-Hour - Maryland Endurance Challenge

* * 6-hour challenge - i.e. how many miles can you ride in 6 hours - which is on the UMCA/WUCA calendar
Free-State 6-Hour - Maryland Endurance Challenge

* * 12-hour challenge - i.e. how many miles can you ride in 12 hours. This is actually the World UltraCycling Assocition's (WUCA's) National Championship 12-Hour Race - though probably 70% of the riders will just ride it as a fun endurance ride rather than competing for national glory.
National 12-Hour Championship Race - Maryland Endurance Challenge

Interestingly - at last year's event, we gave away pretty good prizes to the top 3 finishers in all 3 races, men and women. The donor for those prizes was Monton Sportswear - who contacted me here, on this "Charity Events" forum, on www.bikeforums.net! I have friends who've bought Monton's sportswear and it seems to be particularly good - and we greatly appreciated their help!