Old 02-14-19, 06:01 AM
ricrunner

Bikes: Malvern Star Oppy S1 Gravel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Try the ****** sub r/BikeBuddies, also consider doing the Baja Divide race. You don't actually have to race it yourself, but their will be a fair few people on the course, that if you can keep up, will give you a support base, with many good number of people down there at the same time as you will be there. You would have to train a bit harder, so you could at least keep up with the last few riders in the pack, but that would be OK in my eyes if I was doing it. You would need only bike packing bags, and could store your panniers somewhere down there. It is just a thought I don't know too much about it. My way of sourcing a buddy was to bring my dog along, but I tour only in Australia, did my overseas touring back when I was pretty young, so confine myself to here. A dog is an excellent companion and always agrees with you, accept when he wants to eat or go to the toilet, I have found. EDIT: I cannot say the name of the site I mentioned at the start of this post, I hope you can work it out.

Last edited by ricrunner; 02-14-19 at 06:07 AM.