Old 04-01-24, 08:32 PM
msalvetti

Bikes: 2021 Trek FX Sport 4, ~1996 Mongoose Crossway 4.50

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 1,333 Times in 440 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeM21

I'm home tonight for the first Sunday night since February 11. The past six weeks have seen me attend a funeral in Wilmington, NC for a very close friends parents who both died 10 days apart, a birthday party for another friend in Kent Island, MD, a fun OysterFest weekend with my two older kids in Ocean City, MD, up to Huntington Mills, PA to join my wife and help take care of her 91 year old mother who had valve replacement surgery, two trips to UPenn in Philly while she had her surgery, three trips back home to NoVa to keep my business running, two trips to Richmond, VA to be with my best friend who had a liver transplant on my birthday and who unfortunately passed last Thursday. Lots of emotional ups and downs. Definitely the most tumultuous six week stretch of my 61 years on this planet. My trainer and zwift helped to keep me sane. I'm not sure everyone close to me fully understands how much I NEED to be on a bike. April is going to see me riding a LOT more. I really need it.
Oh man, I'm sorry you've had such a rough few weeks. Glad being on your bike and maybe even sharing with us is helping you get through this. My thoughts are with you.

Mark
Likes For msalvetti: