Old 07-08-13, 10:09 AM
CommuteCommando

Bikes: KHS Alite 500, Trek 7.2 FX , Masi Partenza, Masi Fixed Special, Masi Cran Criterium

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Is this the appropriate thread for questions about a specific race? In particular I have questions concerning the Fiesta Island TT series in San Diego. The website is minimal. I am currently "Cat 6". I have been doing some track cycling at the local Velodrome and plan on doing some Friday night Racing starting this week. I did one lap of the island at and average of 18.2 mph last week, not pushing as hard as I could, but doing a moderate to hard effort. -(The tt is three laps.) This was 30 miles into a fairly hilly road ride, so I think I can hit a 20 avg by the September TT. Not world class time, I know, but good for getting my feet wet. http://app.strava.com/activities/64998207#1236835079

My question pertains to which class would be more appropriate to enter. Masters 55+, or Mercx Men. I am given to think that Mercx is for the "Bring your budget aluminum road , or old steel ten speed bike and see how you do" crowd.