View Single Post
Old 05-11-20, 07:42 PM
Korina
Happy banana slug

Location: Arcata, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way

Bikes: 1984 Araya MB 261, 1992 Specialized Rockhopper Sport, 1993 Hard Rock Ultra, 1994 Trek Multitrack 750, 1995 Trek Singletrack 930

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1533 Post(s)
Liked 1,530 Times in 917 Posts
Originally Posted by MrAwesome
Apparently, I'm a little dull; I didn't catch that. I have been looking though. Nothing on CL that I could use. Ebay is too cluttered with new products from overseas to find anything. The fork I almost bought was only $80 and it looks nice and isn't too heavy. Too bad it won't work. I read a lot about these bikes and apparently the 970 had rigid forks. Maybe I should look for those. The few I've come across already have suspension forks though; they also weren't for sale. I don't want to settle for a junky fork that looks ugly and weighs as much as a boat anchor either, which makes it that much harder. I'll keep looking.

I had a steel bike back in the 90's and at the time, I kinda hated it, but it was all I could afford. Looking back, I wish I had kept it, because it would be perfect for this project and it already had a rigid fork. That is also part of the reason I got the 990.
950 thru 990 had the same frame/forks, so keep a lookout. Don't forget your local co-ops and C&V's for sale thread. You can also put an ISO post in CL. Dang it, IT CAN BE DONE!

ETA: What city & state are you in? I'm very extremely bored and will check CL for you, if that's okay. You just need a mid-'90s mtb. with a 1 1/8" steerer. How hard can it be?

Last edited by Korina; 05-11-20 at 07:54 PM.