View Single Post
Old 05-15-20, 08:46 PM
AdventureManCO 
The Huffmeister

Bikes: '79 Trek 938, '86 Jim Merz Allez SE, '90 Miyata 1000, '68 PX-10, '80 PXN-10, '73 Super Course, '87 Guerciotti, '83 Trek 600, '80 Huffy Le Grande

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1227 Post(s)
Liked 3,561 Times in 1,412 Posts
Originally Posted by MrAwesome
Hahaha, yes of course you're right. I had the fork off this weekend. It is a very light frame. I actually ordered a fork last night only to realize this morning that it will be too short to keep the angles correct, so I canceled the order. Maybe a 700c fork would keep the angles right. I have been searching and searching for a decent fork that won't break the bank; there are so many things to consider with brakes, wheel size and axle to crown length. I wasn't sure if a 700c fork would work. Maybe I'll take a closer look at those.

Haha yes!!! I figured it was time for me to actually get some skin in the game, so here is my frame below, along with some weights, for any interested parties.

This is the Trek 990 triple butted frame, OXIII true temper tubing. Weight: 2077g / 4.58lbs for the 16" frame, which acts like a slightly larger size due to the longer top tube.

I'm going to go ahead and throw this one together again. When it is together it is a bit of a mix-master in appearance, but don't let that fool you - it is a superb ride!