View Single Post
Old 07-17-20, 12:27 PM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,752 Times in 939 Posts
Well, I bought the Marinoni and was more than surprised to discover that it is not a 52cm, as advertised. Nope, between 54 and 55, just my size. Pooey-stinko! I do not need another bike but this one is kinda nice and, as I no longer have a Canadian bike - what am I saying. I do NOT need another bike, so this one will soon be looking for a new home. So, any help in helping me define a fair value would be much appreciated. The bike is going up for sale this evening or tomorrow (at least that was my plan until I discovered that the bike is my size).

Anyway, the Marinoni is presented here "as found", dust and all. I have not even pumped up the tires although they do appear to be properly pressurized.

Here is a bit more information to assist in appraising the Marinoni. Mechanically, just fine but, needless to say, in need of a tune up and a lube job. Cosmetically, the paint is chipped but the art is pretty good. The paint colors are solid and easy to match up. A bit of touch up and the bike will look pretty darn good. The Puma...

Between 54 and 55cm (c-c) on the seat tube. Ready to ride as soon as I install a set of SPD peds...

Tested in the stand and everything works and appears to spin sans wobble or hop...

Cannot say that I know much about the tubing but I was surprised to see the chrome plated drive side stay...

At first, I though the cassette to be an eight speed, but closer inspection revealed nine speed. I was impressed with the Mavic hubs/rims and...

this is the first bike that I ever owned with bladed spokes...

The pedals are not original and the seller could not find the original ones. I do intend to go back and ask her (yup, bike was owned by a little old lady - honest!) to take a look for me when she has more time...

Except for the hairs on the rear tire, they look to be in pretty good shape. Will take the bike for a spin, after a more thorough inspection to ensure it safe to ride, and have little fear of tire failure...

The cosmetics are not prefect and two bad spots do present themselves. The first is from poor bike carrier storage/transportation and not visible unless you look under the bike. The second is on the non-drive chain stay. The good thing is that the art is quite goo and the colors, being solid, will be easy to match (my opinion)...