Old 07-17-20, 08:25 PM
mech986 

Bikes: Italvega Super Speciales and Superlights

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 174 Posts
Originally Posted by randyjawa
I jumped on the bike as quickly as I could! Last week, I checked out a Bianchi with Campy Record and Mavic SSC fitted. Thought that, knowing that the old road bike market in Thunder Bay is, except for me, non-existent. Figured, wait a few days and try a lower offer. Oops! Bike was gone the next day...

Looks like the virus is helping to chase the cool old rides out of their hidden places. Seen several old roadies offered lately, but only two that blew my kilt up.
The old adage snooze, you lose comes into play, especially if considering a lower offer.

Regarding the Marinoni, looks very nice. Cleaned up as you usually do, I'd say easy $700-750 USD or equivalent. I suggest you do your clean up and ride it for a few days/weeks, just to be sure it works well and you don't get any issues with it. You might even consider putting some newer tires on it to see how it feels with more modern rubber. Too bad its your size, but I'm sure after riding it and making sure its good to go, you'll easily part with it....maybe. Good luck!