Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3889 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Originally Posted by spelger
Responding to an older thread, i just saw it. what exactly did he do wrong that is is asking for it? I saw him take his right foot off the pedal and lower it, recover, then put it back on. that was all.

i was in a high speed wobble once, right over the bars, and the my face lost against the road, (not to worry, i am still handsome). no helmet then, not that it would have helped, that was long ago.

now when descending i have learned to continuously pedal. here where i live there always seem to be winds of some sort and i find peddling vs not peddling gives me much more stability. i will even break while peddling just to maintain stability, sometimes those winds are really strong and seem to come out of no where.
Did not raise his butt off the saddle, leveling his pedals, did not put a death grip on his TT with his knees. He could have gotten lower in the drops, moved his butt forward a bit and weighted his front wheel more, too. I'll drop the outside pedal for sharp corners, but then I'm going more slowly. For sweepers, I keep 'em leveled. Evening your weight distribution makes the bike more stable as does getting more aero. I'll wind check sometimes coming into corners, but mostly I brake and hold my position. I also never stick a knee out, but rather keep the inside knee pressed against the TT and use it to steady the frame and control lean to some extent.