Old 03-15-21, 12:34 PM
Unca_Sam
The dropped

Bikes: Pake C'Mute Touring/Commuter Build, 1989 Kona Cinder Cone, 1995 Trek 5200, 1973 Raleigh Super Course FG, 1960/61 Montgomery Ward Hawthorne "thrift" 3 speed, by Hercules (sold) : 1966 Schwinn Deluxe Racer (sold)

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Liked 1,014 Times in 696 Posts
Originally Posted by KingoftheNorth
Look I started cycling later in life but I do it several times a werk (both road and trail) and paid for professional coaching. This year I got a job nearer to home and cycle to work and back daily. I often cycle the route the main club uses by myself, that's how I know about them (so I don't think it's a question of my ability) but I was looking for a social element.
I'm not sure which XCR you're talking about, but it sounds like it's a full suspension mountain bike. You're commuting on singletrack? If you are, that's a pretty sweet deal! If you're commuting on pavement or gravel, I can think of a few reasons why the club would place you in the 'beginner' rides. Are you trying to join a road cycling club on a full sus MTB, or is this some kind of gravel/fire road club? (SO MANY QUESTIONS!) While it's true that exceptional XC riders can keep up with average sportful rides on a full sus triple MTB, it's definitely not easy when the road/gravel bike has road gearing and typical MTB and touring triples will have a smaller big ring. Unless you're that exceptional rider, you won't be with the A/B ride. If this is an MTB club (are mtb club rides a thing?) then your bike handling should speak for itself.

BTW, 2 accounts is a forum no-no.