Old 01-02-20, 09:58 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by pdlamb
Sorry if I sound suspicious, but 7 mph sounds like a very slow pace. I might hit (or even fall below it) that if I included the work day between my two commutes -- but that's not really riding time. So the first thing to do is either to pick up your pace, or limit your stopped time during your rides. Want to sit and watch a river or lake for a hour? Or do you enjoy sit-down meals at the midpoint of your ride? Either accept you're spending more time "riding," or don't count it as riding and count the time as spending time outdoors or dining.

Exactly! My typical Saturday ride in June, July and August of this year was to ride somewhere nice 75 miles from my home, nonstop. then pause the timer, break for lunch and or sightseeing there, then ride the return either nonstop, or one stop along the way. The break time is my reward for the effort, not part of the effort and doesn't count on the clock in determining average speed.