View Single Post
Old 07-27-20, 08:39 AM
RGMN

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked 232 Times in 153 Posts
Originally Posted by Chuckles1
Wraparounds, especially large, frameless ones, are good at keeping bees and dirt out of your eyes. Good luck finding a pair at a decent price. Oaklies seem to be the most mentioned brand, but they are quite pricey. On the other hand, you could buy a cheap pair of Chinese glasses like I did earlier this year, that warped upon use and quickly became useless. I'm saving up for a pair of Oaklies, as my budget for cycling gear is shot for this year.
I wear hard contacts and have to wear some sort of eye protection just to keep the normal road dust out of my eyes. Wraparound glasses are the only style I've found that works for me.

I've used Oakleys, their wraparound style is great but I've found them to be a bit fragile and I've never had any luck with Oakley's warranty. The one brand that I've found that works for me AND is affordable is Optic Nerve. They're about 1/2 the price of Oakleys and the other premium brand sports eyewear. I use either the Desoto (love how easy it is to change lenses) or the Voodoo. Another brand that is popular and about half the cost of Oakleys is Tifosi. Several LBS carry them and they are quite popular with several of my friends.

I can't say how well they prevent bees from getting trapped behind them, however. I haven't had that experience. I usually have the stinging insects get stuck inside my jersey and sting me a 1/2 dozen times before I can get them out...