Old 12-09-20, 10:08 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Either way, Strava does the timing........so there's the chore of setting up the segment so that people don't accidentally "false start" the timer or have the segment grab a ton of "weeknight worlds" rides passing by.

I usually try to go pre-ride and create a segment where you have a little 200 yard "dog leg" of some kind off a side street or some feature where there is almost zero chance someone has ridden that segment before outside of a TT.

I think the easiest thing though is see if people would meetup in the other town. In town we have the arena. Almost zero traffic, wide wide lanes. Safer. Good for a beginner.

I think the ideas of different types is a bit ambitious. And perhaps confusing.

Raleigh Brewing is an easy 2 to 3 mile warmup from the arena and the route there you can take is also mostly hidden from traffic.

I did the "Arena hour" segment this year, so I can use that to go in and create as many segment distances as I want. There's already a one lap, and a 21mi segment. I'll create a 10mi, and I'll create one for 25mi......I did do 25mi the day I tried the "Arena hour" as I figured......I've gone this far, why not.