Old 01-21-21, 11:47 AM
LaVieClaire86

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by chaadster
It’s funny, LaVieClaire86 , that you aak about Campagnolo, which I run on my three roadies, and I certainly do not mean to speak for jamesdak , but until the very latest offerings from Shimano, I preferred the aesthetics of Campagnolo. It was also cool that it was the less common and more historic option, but I am just now bringing in SRAM Force AXS electronic as the first, modern challenger to Shimano, too, so I’m not hung up on Camapag as the be-all-end-all. yet I definitely appreciate what the brand delivers.

For example, when I spec’d Athena Carbon for a ‘13 build, it was the last of the highly polished, aluminum silver derailleurs in the market, and it absolutely made, IMO, the spec on my Breezer Venturi. Two and three years later, I chose Campagnolo purely for the groupset aesthetics and scarcity, so call me superficial or extroverted if you want, but I don’t think I gave up anything, mechanically speaking, to Shimano in doing so, and saved weight as well.
Nice post, Chaadster. This is the kind of information I'm after. As I haven't been in the "road bike loop" for quite some time now, I've lost touch with most of the advancements. Yes, I'm still trying to find the frame that I had such a great experience with, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I have to stick with the older componentry...or does it? Anyway, I appreciate your thoughts on the big component makers.