Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1043 Post(s)
Liked 630 Times in 299 Posts
Originally Posted by sfrider View Post
I don't know that Mavic did poorly. It seemed when Salomon changed ownership in a fairly complex deal nobody thought they owned Mavic afterwards, and they got lost in the shuffle. Sponsorships of this magnitude almost certainly require board approval, and without knowing who owns the company or is going to be on the board... can't do it.
They know who owns the company but it has effectively changed hands twice in like 2 years. I wouldn't count them out but there is currently no real product support. if they can rally around their core business again they'll be back. That's my opinion anyway.

FWIW - I remember talking with them at interbike 11 years ago. Met my rep then. Have never seen one since. They wnated to show me all the soft good stuff they had. I told them I was interested in rims and hubs. "Well we kind of have these 3 but none of us could tell you what inventory is going to look like. We are pretty much done supporting wheel builders". Wheels weren't even front and center. They were along the outside. They were way too focused on the softgoods.