GlennR
On Your Left

Bikes: Trek Emonda SLR, Sram eTap, Zipp 303

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3004 Post(s)
Liked 2,433 Times in 1,187 Posts
Originally Posted by Psimet2001
Your experience with the batteries is what I would consider atypical.

My business partner would have to charge about every 2 weeks. After talking to a bunch of our friends at SRAM they told her to start removing her batteries in between rides. She always had her bikes in her car and when the car started moving it would bump the accelerometers in the system and wake it up. Thus eating battery life during every drive. ...

In comparison though I typically charge Shimano between 2-4 times a year tops. I would be charging a SRAM system 8-10 or so. .....
....but yeah, who cares.
Its common knowledge that you need to remove the batteries when transporting the bike.

I think people overly concerned about battery life should stick with mechanical.

And I've read hat some people are concerned about having to bleed hydrolic disc brakes so they are staying with rim brakes.

about 60 riding hours
The front (if applicable) and rear derailleurs each have one rechargeable lithium-ion battery. These batteries last about 60 riding hours on a full charge. A full battery charge takes about 1 hour and is done using the eTap USB charging cradle.
So if you ride 15mph, and we all know we all ride faster than that.... 60(hours) x 15(mph) = 900 miles. It's just simple math.