Old 04-14-21, 04:31 AM
Hmmm

Bikes: TCX & CAAD3 SAECO

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked 118 Times in 66 Posts
Originally Posted by jan nikolajsen
Here's the current iteration. Herse tires installed, Cinelli bar/stem switched out for some generic modern stuff, and the Dia Compe brakes gone. The seat post is an unfluted last gen Super Record from my parts display box. It's pretty rare and bringing it back from retirement might not be the wisest decision, lol.
Ahh it's beautiful. I just modernized a CAAD3 and I have caught vintage/modern bug. Really cool build. I would get my hands on a vintage 'cross frame.

By loosing affordable entry level 'cross bikes to gravel bikes, as consumers I think we are loosing a great N+1 killer. Is it going to be missed? Probably not. Many on these boards think to go off road on a drop bar bike it needs to say "gravel" next to it. Who knows, pretty soon there will be "gravel race" and "gravel endurance" geo that will have everyone buying up cx geo "gravel" bikes.

I hope that 'cross race organizers can capitalize on the "gravel" craze and bill their races as under an hour gravel races. I know in my experience at lower division races nobody cares what bike or what tires you have. Has anyone seen a bump in cx participation in their areas as gravel has grown?

I love 'cross and gravel equally and think that they are essentially the same thing aside from a few dismounts. I get frustrated with industry marketing separating every little category of bikes and people believing they need a bike for every little variation of terrain and riding style. I understand it, but am frustrated by it.

rant over.
Likes For Hmmm: