Old 12-02-19, 08:03 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
˄˄˄˄
Originally Posted by Machka
If we have a Bikepacking forum, then I think there should be a Hub-and-Spoke touring forum and a Credit Card touring forum and a Short Tours touring forum and a Long Tours touring forum and an Organised tours touring forum and a Self Sufficient touring forum ... and maybe a Europe touring forum and Asia touring forum and Australian touring forum and a North American touring forum and a South American touring forum and an Africa touring forum ...

Or maybe we should just have threads for each of these.
As a similar example, there is a well-subscribed thread on the Northeast Regional Discussion Forum,Metro Boston: Good ride today?,” with over 8500 replies since 2009. I have described it:
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
…See also this very active Northeast Regional Discussion thread”Metro Boston: Good ride today?” to discover many interesting areas, with a lot of great photos; the de facto Boston subforum

That should get you started, and consider me a resource. Welcome to “the Hub.”
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
...I like to write up my rides, as do others on a local discussion thread here in Boston, and for me, it’s more a journal for myself, than for the amusement of other subscribers, though I hope others would find it interesting.

Of course we in Metro Boston all know the region, and each other, at least electronically, so we are a ready receptive audience for each other.

I have thought of that thread as the cycling equivalent of “apres-ski” after a day on the slopes, where we gather to exchange stories, routes, photos, ribbing, and (?) tall tales.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 12-02-19 at 08:26 AM.