View Single Post
Old 01-12-21, 01:05 PM
ridelikeaturtle

Bikes: Bianchi Ti Megatube; Colnago Competition; Planet-X EC-130E; Klein Pulse; Amp Research B4; Litespeed Catalyst; Trek Y11

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked 478 Times in 258 Posts
Originally Posted by work4bike
Just one of my pet peeves, people acting entitled. Too many cyclists act entitled on their bikes. I see it all the time at stop signs where cyclists just roll thru stop signs and people have to stop for them.

The only reason I posted it this time is because this guy totally blew thru the intersection. I agree that most cyclists don't blow thru the stop signs, but it doesn't make it any less wrong than cyclists that roll thru, forcing others that had the Right-of-Way to stop. Although it definitely is more dangerous, which is why you don't see more doing it.

I've been thinking about this near-collision I had with this cyclists, since reading some of the comments, and I'm guessing that maybe he saw me, since I was in a white pick-up that he probably got a glimpse of over the bushes, whereas I had no chance of seeing him. I'm thinking he saw me and thought he had time to beat me across the intersection, but he simply miscalculated, probably his speed was a major factor in this miscalculation.

I know a lot of cyclists point to how motorists break laws and they seem to focus more on that, but I'd rather focus on our community correcting our problems, which would put us on much firmer ground to stand on when we do complain about motorists. I'm not bashing cyclists, rather I care more about the cycling community, since we are a minority that takes a lot of abuse.
Too many motorists act entitled in their cars. None of them have ever been killed by a cyclist. (To argue otherwise is completely disingenuous.)

Lots of cyclists are killed or maimed by motorists.

Motorists kill and maim other road users. Cyclists do not. This false equivalence needs to be addressed whenever mentioning "blowing a stop sign".
Likes For ridelikeaturtle: