View Single Post
Old 01-13-21, 02:08 PM
work4bike

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3773 Post(s)
Liked 1,044 Times in 790 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul Barnard
If I understand you post correctly I haven't seen anyone advocating for failing to yield right of way. If that is what you are suggesting can you copy and paste some of that content?
I'm conflating the remarks in this thread with all the others on the same topic. It seems like when someone highlights a cyclist causing others to brake, they seem to divert the conversation on how dangerous a car is vs. a bike and that the poster is obviously anti-cyclist.

However, I should clarify that when I say, "roll thru", I think some people might think I'm making a reference to the Idaho Stop law -- I'm not. I'm talking about the countless cyclists I've witness rolling thru a stop sign without regard to the rules of the road. The Idaho Stop law does not allow cyclists to just roll thru all stop signs. BTW, I am a proponent of the Idaho Stop law.

What's funny (on a slightly different topic) is that some cyclists seem to like to ride in the center of the lane and slow down traffic, then complain how lazy, fat and impatient motorists are, and then complain about pedestrians hogging the MUPs, slowing everyone down