View Single Post
Old 01-14-21, 07:30 AM
work4bike

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3773 Post(s)
Liked 1,043 Times in 789 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
So that video is not the best example of "hogging the road" because unless that group get together EVERY DAY and do the same thing, the people getting steamed need to get a life. Do you really imagine a group like that could get into single file? Are those 'share the road' signs meant for one, two, or three riders? Is that reasonable for 30?
OK, then I guess we cyclists need to stop complaining about traffic on all the MUPS. Cyclists are showing the same impatience as those drivers in that video, both on the roads and MUPs. BTW, I'm no different, I got places to be, I don't want to be zigging and zagging around of bunch of pedestrians. But that's why I stay away from MUPs and strictly ride on major roadways.

Originally Posted by Leisesturm
As for cyclists in NYC running lights. I did not say that that is not a thing. What I said was that the riders blowing up the lights were very much aware of the positioning of the cars around them.
Not just NYC, but let's say you're right that they are cognizant of cars around them, then why is it that people need to slam on their brakes? If all I saw were cyclists going thru intersections without stopping and didn't cause others to stop, then I'd be pretty amazed and this thread wouldn't have been started.