View Single Post
Old 01-23-21, 10:14 AM
Korina
Happy banana slug

Location: Arcata, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way

Bikes: 1984 Araya MB 261, 1992 Specialized Rockhopper Sport, 1993 Hard Rock Ultra, 1994 Trek Multitrack 750, 1995 Trek Singletrack 930

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1533 Post(s)
Liked 1,528 Times in 916 Posts
Originally Posted by acm
Excellent advice as always from GP. I've only been into cycling for a few years now but when I was first getting into it I felt very alienated by the GCN crowd (most of the people I know IRL who ride are in this camp). All the heart meters, cadence meters, riding challenges etc. I assumed this was what cycling was because the LBS's were also balls-out into the carbon and lycra world.

Not sure how I found out about Petersen but once I fell headlong into the Blahg and his book I realized that the things I liked about cycling were perfectly acceptable as their own discipline. I don't agree with him on *everything*, naturally. I don't like kickstands, I like my toe clips and straps, and I prefer a pristine bicycle to "beausage." But his approach has allowed me to enjoy cycling more as a result.

Anyway, as a recent convert thank you for posting this, I missed out on a lot of the classic Riv content!
#partypace
You'd like Russ, YouTuber of Path Less Pedaled fame. He's all about not wearing lycra and enjoying the ride.
Likes For Korina: