View Single Post
Old 01-25-21, 09:13 AM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4207 Post(s)
Liked 3,872 Times in 2,314 Posts
I'd not yet seen this jig kit. Looks to be pretty cool for the cost. I do question the need for the rotation about the long axis. I see the need for this feature more to make in jig brazing access easier. Since I just tack in the jig and complete the brazing of the joints out of the jig this mobility is less a need for me. And I certainly don't expect any jig to hold alignment. Keel jigs tend to have pretty good access anyways.

The headtube rod is a bit short and I like a removable rear axle, one that can keep with the frame when removing the frame from the jig. But the cost is hard to question.

I've said this before- I'd suggest a flat surface before an frame jig as the first "big" purchase. The surface plate will better help at building a straight frame and serve for many other fixturing needs (like forks or stems). Andy

Added- I should have looked at their website before posting here. I see more options then I thought before. What I didn't expect but now makes sense is the raw square tubing is not included. I figure the tubing will cost $100-300 depending.

Last edited by Andrew R Stewart; 01-25-21 at 09:22 AM.
Likes For Andrew R Stewart: