Old 02-14-21, 03:59 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,988 Times in 1,776 Posts
So starting to proceed with this. Bought some used silver rims and they're looking really good once I cleaned off the adhesive from the removed labels. Now to find the right Campagnolo freehub to convert these. What really surprised me was that there is room on this frame to run the larger than size Continental GP 4000s II 700x28 tires.

The plan is to stick with the pretty much mint Daytona 9 speed setup I found. I've got a slightly shorter -17 silver stem on order for this one too to get the handlebars where I need. Thinking white cable housing and then need to decide if I'm going for white or black bar tape and saddle. I'm leaning towards white.

This is the seatpost I'll most likely use. This morning it was totally trashed with a badly tarnished, scratched, and gouged surface. A little wet sanding, a little steel wool, a little polish, and now it's got a mirror like shine where it matters.

Last edited by jamesdak; 02-14-21 at 04:02 PM.