Old 03-25-14, 01:09 PM
jmikami

Bikes: Veloforma for my primary.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Quinn8it
I actually agree with that- generally speaking.

But- on a track like Encino where the curve on shaving 10ths below 12" 200m's gets really really steep- maximizing your line comes into play.
I am not an expert on that track, but did ride it once or twice in the 90s. I would agree that you hit that track high in 3, low between and just hope to not come out of the red during a race, but during a 200 meter I would not worry about it at all out of 4 - come out to the red or beyond and enjoy the throw it gives you. I have seen riders thrown up to the blue band at our track and encino in particular and then trying and ride back to the black before the line. Once you have been tossed out just hold your line and ride straight. Coming back to the black is not going to help.

I do agree that certain tracks take a bit of experience and gaining anything you can from the locals is good. But you still have to know your own style enough to know if the locals advice will work for you and go out and get some extra practice on that track. I do remember hating Encino as a visiting rider because it was hard to come around someone, but I surely did not want to have to stay under the red coming out of corner 4 in the lead because that was hard at speed.