Old 06-19-19, 09:36 PM
daoswald

Bikes: 2008 Cannondale Synapse -- 2014 Cannondale Quick CX

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 83 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by DropBarFan
Yes, Edge Explore has some nifty features & saves a good chunk of money compared to the fancier Edges.

BTW I went to Salt Lake City this winter for skiing & was a bit surprised that it also seems like a great cycling city with wide roads, polite drivers, bike lanes etc, amazingly even bike lanes on the ski roads! I wondered if anyone rides up to go skiing. 4,000' climb but I think a strong rider could do it in 4 hours.
It is one traffic light, 9 miles, and 3000 feet from my home to Alta ski resort. Little Cottonwood Canyon is a truly amazing and excellent climbing ride. Just under 2 hours up, with grades from 8 to 11 percent the whole way, no break from the pain. And fifteen minutes back down... A little longer if you avoid passing cars on the way down.

Wasatch Blvd, Emigration Canyon, Big Cottonwood, Little Cottonwood, Millcreek canyon, City Creek Canyon, the Jordan River Parkway MUP that runs about 80 miles, Traverse Ridge road, and so much more. But unless you stay in the valley floor, you better learn to love climbing.