View Single Post
Old 07-05-19, 09:29 AM
Rje58

Bikes: 2011 Fuji Absolute 3.0 -- 1997 Trek 830 (modified to hybrid)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 548 Times in 170 Posts
Thanks for posting this link: "Vitamin supplements don't help people live longer, study finds". It provides some good information for consideration.

To me, one of the key comments it makes is: "I don’t think you can undo the effect of a bad diet by taking supplements." This would seem to be true, and really, it seems almost self-evident.

It seems to me that there is strong evidence to the benefits of certain supplements. The key is that if you have an unhealthy diet and an unhealty lifestyle, you can't expect supplements to make you healthy and give you a long life. Heredity plays a big factor in health and lifespan, as well. There are so many variables. Personally, there are some supplements that I take and will continue to take unless there is information that changes my mind.

There are certain supplements that are more applicable to some groups of people than others. CoQ10 is a much more important supplement for people that take statin drugs than for the general population - because statin drugs are known to deplete CoQ10 levels.

As with most things in life, individual freedom and individual choice are critical to everyone being able to decide for themselves, act accordingly, and accept the consequences, good or bad.

Originally Posted by livedarklions

Last edited by Rje58; 07-05-19 at 09:37 AM.