View Single Post
Old 02-05-20, 01:32 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7652 Post(s)
Liked 3,479 Times in 1,836 Posts
Oi. as far as it goes, @livedarklions, I don't get what he is sad about either. What he Said was that one shop in his area is supported by people just buy bikes and drop them off for service, which he finds sad.

I include the entire post so no one will accuse me of taking things out of context.

Originally Posted by RH Clark
I take that to mean something more along the lines of, "Hey take the time to get to know us. It's hurtful if you come in and take up hours of our time to learn what you want, then go buy it somewhere else."

I am fine with that attitude and I have learned to avoid one shop and go to another. The one I avoid doesn't really want my small stuff business, like parts and accessories. The other is glad to help me out with anything and is more of a Co-Op that helps the community and promotes cycling. I've spent a few hundred with them in a few months and it's been great. What is sad is that the shop I avoid has to rely on people who just want to buy bikes and drop them off for cleaning and to be maintained. It makes me wonder which type shop will survive in the long term. (Emphasis added)
So … he is saddened that people go to a shop, buy bikes, and bring those bikes back to the shop for service …. Which is pretty much …. What a Bike Shop Is For.

For some reason, bikes shops functioning as bike shops saddens him
Likes For Maelochs: