Old 07-09-20, 09:13 PM
Wilbur76

Bikes: 2020 Lynskey GR300, 1987 Diamondback Ascent, 1991 Skykomish Marble Point, 1994 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, 1996 Specialized Stumpjumper M2 FS, 1992 GT Karakoram

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked 226 Times in 84 Posts
Originally Posted by balto charlie
Glad you posted, I've been thinking about getting a rack similar to this one. I am re-thinking, thanks
I actually felt this issue would happen and it was confirmed when I loaded my bike. HOWEVER, I specifically chose this hitch rack after researching the alternatives like 1Up, my 2nd choice. What swayed my decision despite this shortcoming was the fit and finish, overall quality and robustness of the Kuat Sherpa. Watching countless user videos and reviews demonstrated how superior Kuat was not only in quality but in value. Speaking of value, 1Up’s Heavy Duty SINGLE is the same price as the Kuat Sherpa that is pre-built to hold 2 bikes. Adding another rack add-on to the 1Up increases the cost by another $130. Maybe if 1Up was more evenly priced I could have been swayed but the raw look of 1Up’s offerings seem primitive and coarse compared to Kuat’s polish. And, my useful hack/bodge wasn’t difficult or expensive to create so I’m happy on that front too.