Old 01-05-21, 08:07 PM
Litespud

Bikes: 2000 Litespeed Vortex Chorus 10, 1995 DeBernardi Cromor S/S

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked 797 Times in 446 Posts
Originally Posted by SethL
I just purchased new breakhoods for my cannondale road bike. I saw the youtubes to remove the old ones and put in the new ones and its pretty straight forward. The only problem is my gear cables are on the top part of he shifters/breaks and the breakhoods have to pass through the cables to be installed. So to install I would have to remove the gear cables from the shifters which I don't know how to do or cut the breakhoods slip them over the cables and glue back together.

I think not but is removing the gear shifter cables and putting them back easy to do? If so, is there a video or instructions on how to do it. I can't find it online.

Are there any other suggestions?
there are stacks of YouTubes on installing mechanical group sets, including installing cables and setting up the shifting. GCN has several, and I imagine Park tools has some. If you’re doing it, I would consider getting a couple of new cables rather than reusing the old ones - easier to thread new cable through the housing. New OEM shifter cables are maybe $6-7 each. Double benefit of learning to do stuff with your bike, and not having to cut up new brake hoods