View Single Post
Old 03-07-13, 12:37 PM
jdon

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
I have posted several times over the years about the idle chit chat conducted among several posters as well as what I saw as more emphasis on cycling topics of which I had no interest, such as improving "performance." I would have posted and or spent more time here if the posts were more attuned to my own on the subject of cycling after turning 50+, and were less of (IMO) non cycling gossip found at the old timers' table at the local diner/McDonalds.

IOW, I prefer my old timers gathered around the hot stove league cracker barrel discussing baseball and not something else.

Yes it is possible to pick threads that may be more to my liking but too many end up with the regulars trading jokes and fun-filled zingers at each other.

I take a peek now and then and find the list much less chatty and bloated with inside jokes than previously, which is an improvement. If some posters carry out on their snit and take the chit chat somewhere else I think the list would be even more improved.

Personally I think Facebook is an ideal place for people of a like mind to chit chat 24/7/365 and never be ruffled by interference from non friends.
Alternately, you could find a venue more to your liking rather than change others to suit you. There are no shortage of cycling forums.