Old 05-16-19, 11:40 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by ridingfool
Could be many reasons I have a top of the line bmc and before I broke my neck last year was really fast on it now when I take it out I get that look from some riders. Like why am I going so slow on sice a nice bike even the old ladies pass me now but little by little it's coming back. Point is there could be many reasons they are going so slow maybe out on recovery ride or they were just hammering for a few hours and are in slow ride rythem
I think I was confessing to having a jerky thought--it's not a dirty look I'd give someone or something I'd ever say to them precisely because of your type of situation and the kind of situations you're describing (which I did kind of cover in my disclaimer).

In the meantime, and I mean this quite sincerely, yay for you! Keep 'em flying at whatever pace you can manage, and may your recovery be full and fast, with the wind at your back.

And if I ever did give you such a look, feel free to tell me to eff off. I'd deserve it.