Old 06-10-13, 10:24 AM
brwarrior

Bikes: Raleigh Misceo, Giant Composite Defy 3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've got a couple...

Summer of '85 (between 3rd & 4th grade) we had had just moved into a new apartment and I didn't know anyone in the neighborhood. I was looking at some cute girl when I was riding around the neighborhood one day. You know where this is going... into the back of a parked truck. Collected myself, straightened the bars out and pedaled what was left of my pride back home. To add to that, she was in my class in the fall.

June of '09 I had started riding again. I wasn't about to go full clipless on my mountain bike. But I hated the stock pedals. I bought some big platform pedals with studs and some plastic cages. I was riding on the load rail trail with my buddy. We stopped at a light and I was being lazy and decided to lean against the signal post. It was on my left. My buddy was behind me. I really wasn't leaning enough. Zero MPH and I fall, to my right, landing on the end of the bar. Went to the ER to get checked out as I didn't really feel good about the indentation in my chest. Hell, it's still there. Chest xray showed nothing and they sent me on my way home with some Vicodin. Took one, maybe two and threw the rest away. Did nothing for the pain and I felt like a complete idiot.