Old 11-20-19, 03:44 PM
Craptacular8

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 31 Posts
Ah135

Originally Posted by Hypno Toad
I've completed The DAMn twice (240-mile one-day race) - I believe this is qualifying. I've done some 35 to 45 mile races in sub-zero temps; however, I will definitely find a winter endurance race prior to my AH135 attempt. I'm lucky to have a group friends that have completed of AH135.... I have a lot of knowledge and encouragement.

2018 Fatbike Loppet (same day as we set the record for coldest host city for the Super Bowl) - I rode the race and rode home from the finish for a total of 33 miles when temps barely reached 0F

My biggest challenge with the AH135, getting life to calm down enough to allow me the time and budget to set up for the race.

Very lucky to have folks to ride with that have done AH135 before. I'm sure your DAM ride is a qualifier, lol. Believe someone else mentioned the race over in WI that is similar to AH, though shorter. I'd need to collect all of the gear that they want you to have for survival...-50 sleeping bag, holy cats! Too bad (this is only from what I've read) that the AH course isn't entirely rideable during the non-frozen season. I would imagine that it would be a pretty ride...probably pretty in winter too, lol.