View Single Post
Old 05-16-12, 02:34 PM
Doohickie
You gonna eat that?

Bikes: 1966 Raleigh DL-1 Tourist, 1973 Schwinn Varsity, 1983 Raleigh Marathon, 1994 Nishiki Sport XRS

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by truman
I've seen his posts here, so I'm sharing this from a local board:

For those of you that know MMACH5, I just found out that he was hit by a car yesterday on his commute to work.

Michael is an avid 150+ mile per week commuter and bicycle rights advocate.

He is extremely safety conscious to the point that he gets teased about his high visibility gear and other precautions.

He has actively been a part of the DART bicycle committee and any other opportunities to further bicycle riding in DFW.

His bike is an extension of him as a person.

No word yet on the actual accident. All we know is that it happened near Ferguson Rd and Cotillion near his house in Garland.

The EMS called (his wife) from his cell phone, but the police don't have any report available yet.
He has a broken neck, lower back, pelvis, left hip, all his left ribs, punctured left lung head laceration, spline laceration and the artery to his spline is leaking.
The good news... He has been conscious and speaking just a little as well as moving his arms.

The family has only seen him once for a few minutes.

Please keep a good thought, and say a prayer if you're disposed to do so, for one of our own
I heard about this on Facebook (since he's in the local area), but didn't know him by his real name. Get well quick!

Originally Posted by bragi "However, it's never a good idea to overgeneralize."