Old 05-16-19, 09:31 AM
mjac

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 75 Posts
You are right

Originally Posted by Litespud
1. Fix your drivetrain - seems like every time you were in a position to go around them or outrun them your chain fell off or you were "nursing" your drivetrain.
2. Hook up a Go-Pro or equivalent and keep riding. If they're there the next time, film them and go to the cops, if they're not, just carry on.
3. As a last resort, and assuming that this is a repeated issue and you don't get any satisfaction from law enforcement, consider Mace (never a gun), but ensure that you're on safe legal ground wrt carrying Mace in your state/jurisdiction, and that the conditions under which you use it are justified self-defense in response to a clear and recorded assault (IANAL, so take this "legal advice" for what it cost you)
You are absolutely right. There were 3 or 4 incidences where I could have avoided the situation but every time I leaned into it the chain skipped and came off. I had bought a used BioPace at a COOP and I think the throats have been worn because someone was using a stretched chain because the points don't look too bad. So I ordered a new 48T Biopace from a place called Bikewagon. They are closing them out and have them on Clearance for $18.99 with a little coupon they have. Another guy jammed me for using Biopace but I kind of like them.
Right