View Single Post
Old 06-24-19, 11:23 AM
MikeyMK
Cycleway town

Bikes: 2.6kw GT LTS e-tandem, 250w Voodoo, 250w solar recumbent trike, 3-speed shopper, Merlin ol/skl mtb, 80cc Ellswick

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked 169 Times in 117 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
I'm not deviating from the point at all--you were arguing that saying it shouldn't be allowed is somehow irrational. I gave you a rational argument for making its use on the path illegal.

I didn't say it was illegal, I'm saying it should be. I don't get the point of having a restricted mode that can be switched off, the only reason that mode exists is to exploit a legal loophole. Again, using your logic, a motorcycle with a "restricted mode" or even a small car with one should be allowed to operate slowly on the bike path. You've lost the plot on what a bike path is for--your vehicle can operate on the street in ways that human-powered bicycles cannot, so letting it on the bike path is inconsistent with the primary reason for having bike paths in the first place.
Your insistence to go down this line of questioning the law, given i'd literally win this argument in court, wouldn't be so ridiculous if you'd been as open to question the other side of the story. That being that the other cyclist was travelling at excessive speed on the MUP. But you're not interested in that, because it was someone riding a road bike, and therefore it doesn't fit your agenda.

You're wrong, you're gone. Good day to you, sir.