Old 09-15-20, 09:32 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2740 Post(s)
Liked 972 Times in 795 Posts
Originally Posted by KC8QVO
I have one of those spring load/collapsible "candle lantern"s also. In fact, I had that along with me on my last trip. It can help with heat, but I mostly had it for the candle light. It is not nearly as good of an option for warming hands as you have no where to rest them - just hover above the top.
when we car camped with the kids in a tent, I always used to bring my spring load candle lantern, and when it was cold and damp, regularly would hang it from a permanent strung up piece of cord we usually have in a tent. In the bag I carry the candle lantern, spare candle and candles, I've always had a shortish piece of stiff wire that has two hooks bent into it, one at each end of the wire-one loop goes over the cord and one under the flip upable handle of the small candle lantern. Always found it great to take out the blah dampness of a tent thats been wet and cold , and using common sense for safety alls been well for eons doing this. Even bumping into the candle in teh tent has been ok because it just swings a bit, never fell once in all the years doing this.
Never took it on a bike trip, but might consider if in cold months.
Likes For djb: