View Single Post
Old 09-09-19, 11:25 AM
wle

Bikes: road: 1999 GT road:40Kmi+ // 2001 fuji finest AL:9Kmi+//1991 schwinn paramount ODG:0.1Kmi+

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnJ80
I have both (Varia and Cycliq rear camera). I never use the rear camera but I always use the radar. The most useful camera for either dealing with infractions sent to LE is the front camera anyhow. I'd prefer being aware of what's behind rather than having the video of an incident after the fact. If you couple the usage of the Varia radar with a rear view mirror, the combination is pretty handy.

On top of that, the Varia taillight is considerably better than the Cycliq rear camera as a tail light.

So if you have to pick one, pick the Varia Radar. Excellent product. As said above, the only people that don't like it are people that haven't tried it. I completely agree with this.

Now here's the downside of the radar:
1. If you're in an urban environment, you can get overloaded with the target rich environment of heavy traffic behind you. It's still beneficial but the information may be of more limited utility. If you're on a rural road, it's golden, awesome, and amazing.

2. If you have a car pacing you, the "target" can drop off the radar since it really only sees targets that are approaching you. So any time you are going to turn into any part of the roadway that could have traffic, then you need to look behind you (or better, handle it with a mirror).
neither one - helmet mirror -
wle