View Single Post
Old 09-09-19, 03:12 PM
VinceCam

Bikes: '96 'dale 2.8, '08 'dale R700, '08 Dahon Helios, '18 Moto NightTrain Bullet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I apologize in advance if I'm saying something already said, but what Varia Radar has done for me, is allow me to focus my attention forward to bad pavement, animals, glass, etc. and only bring rearward focus when a car is approaching. I ride with a mirror also, but when I hear the initial "beep", I check the mirror to see the vehicle and then can watch it approach either in the mirror or on the narrow strip on my Elemnt Bolt. When the vehicle passes, the radar gives an all clear signal. The last part is very interesting. Prior to using the radar, I don't know how many times I have approached a left hand turn to hear a car behind, let it pass, only to turn my head to check one last time to see a second or third car right there. With the radar, it shows that second and third car and so far, I have not been surprised at the last moment. I doubt its perfect, but so far, I have not found any examples where it told me the wrong information. Still, I have a mirror and do one last check before turning. Being alerted 500 ft out instead of just my range of hearing or if I've checked my mirrors, or only when I'm focussed on traffic, has given me plenty peace of mind.