Old 06-09-20, 07:28 PM
SHBR
C*pt*i* Obvious

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
Sorry to hear it. You have to admit, the human body is quite a resilient thing. Can't say I've had any crash that violent, but I've had the side of my face torn half-open from an automobile-induced faceplant. Had that same nonchalant reaction.

I wouldn't necessarily put it down to operator skill. My experiences with Dahon have been limited to two Speed D7s and a Boardwalk S1, all stock, and each one of them rode like their front ends were just waiting for the slightest lapse in concentration. I've never measured the headtube angle on these machines, but I wonder if they're steep enough to cause mechanical trail to reduce more rapidly during cornering than, say, this Twenty.

At any rate, I believe that the combination of flat bars with a short effective stem length is a combination for trouble too.

-Kurt
I actually like the way my Dahon rides, it RULES in tight situations.

I'm not confident enough to ride it hands free anymore, that front wheel flips around really quickly.

It "appears" my injuries have healed, I only have a bruised ego at this point, that too will heal.