cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,390 Times in 2,092 Posts
Originally Posted by pastorbobnlnh
Just my 2 cents based on my Dahon Speed 7 (converted to dropbars to ride like a road bike), is that it rides very simular to my road bikes, just that it is harsher on absorbing rough road conditions due to the 20 inch (406mm) wheels and narrow tires. I can ride no-hands with great confidence.

Kurt, so sorry about your fender cracking and the new mini V-brakes challenge. Bummer!
Originally Posted by SHBR
I actually like the way my Dahon rides, it RULES in tight situations.

I'm not confident enough to ride it hands free anymore, that front wheel flips around really quickly.

It "appears" my injuries have healed, I only have a bruised ego at this point, that too will heal.
Interesting. Perhaps the front end copies road bike geometry - hence the confident handling - with the tradeoff of reduced trail due to the smaller wheel and thus a greater chance of jackknifing if handled incorrectly. Fair enough for sports-oriented small wheel bikes, though I'm not sure I really think it's ideal to build small wheel, flat-bar hybrids with the same steering characteristics.

The spacers for the V brakes arrive today, if all goes well. McMaster Carr have been making a gazillion dollars out of me as of recent.

-Kurt