Revoltingest
Widely Despised

Bikes: Dahon Helios, Dahon P8, Bike Friday tandem, Ingo, Trek, Columbia, Helix

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kidshibuya
I am putting together a custom Tryell CSI minivelo with a 1x drivetrain and flatbars. The goal is light weight and a nice visual style. This is what I have settled on (with weights):

Frame: Tyrell CSI 2150
Brakes: SRAM RED 270
Wheels: KITT Carbon 1300
Stem: Helium6 100mm 90
Handlebar: Controltech COMP MT 28CB Carbon 130
Steat post: KCNC Ti Pro Scandium 167
Seat: Selle Italia SLR SUPERFLOW S 185
Crankset: Rotor 3D+ aldhu/ arms 356g, spider 50g, axle 96g and bolts (500g total)
Chainring: Rotor QX1 52T 141
Cassette: Dura Ace CS-9000 Cassette 11-speed 11-25 T 166
Chain: Dura-Ace CN-HG901-11 Chain 11-speed - with Quick Link 247
Brake levers: Veno CNC caliper 78 12800
Derailleur: Shimano Dura Ace RD-R9100 Rear Derailleur SS 158
Skewers: Ridea 44
Steat Clamp: Ridea 30
Grips: Ergon GS3 Carbon 220
Shifter: Shimano SL-RS700 128
Tyres: Schwllbe one 451 350
Tubes: Panaracer r'air 150
BB: ROTOR BSA ROAD steel 90
Pedals: Rockbors Ti 165
Bell: Oi bell 18
LIght: Volt200 74

Total in Grams 6851

This is the first time I have put together a custom bike rather than just buying something off the shelf. Its fun but also super annoying. I made the mistake of involving a local bike shop. There is a reason why these shops are dying, should have just got everything off the internet and built it all myself. My frame and wheels have been sitting in the shop fully paid for over a month now, 42 emails since then and the latest update is that they will order the rest of my parts next week, then after they arrive they will start the build at some point in time after that. Why they cant order parts yet is anyone's guess... In the meantime I have bought and had delivered all the bits they say said they could not get, like the cranks and handlebars. took 4 days.

The parts come in at about 6.8kg, thinking it will be about 7kg with cables and stuff. I could still shave off weight by using lighter alloy wheels rather than carbon, using ultra light brakes etc, but while the goal is weight its not the only goal, compromises where made. The price is just nuts, I don't want to think about it.

Ill put up some pics when its done... in 2020 at this rate.
When you finally enjoy what you really
want, the pain of the price will fade.